Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bella knits

Have you seen the movie Twilight?


I saw it just recently on the Movie channel. I couldn't figure out what all the fuss about vampires was until I saw the movie. I quite enjoyed it. I expected the typical horror vampire story, turns out to be a bit more interesting than that. (I hate horror movies and refuse to watch them.)

In the movie, Bella (one of the main characters) wears a wonderful pair of mittens with huge cables down the front. When I saw those, I knew I needed to find a similar pattern to make them as a Chirstmas gift for daughter V!


To my absolute delight, the pattern was on Ravelry! They are called Bella's Mittens. You can find the pattern on Subliminal Rabbit's blog.

The pattern is very well written. It had been quite a while since I had done cables. The hand part turned out to be a bit short for my hand, but daughter V has smaller hands than mine. When I blocked the mitts, I stretched them out a bit just in case.


My version is made in a wonderful pewter grey lambswool yarn. It comes from reclaimed sweater yarn. (I will have more of this yarn available in my Etsy shop soon.)


But then, it gets better. Someone came up with a matching hat! That's right, a Bella hat!

Some people are so smart!

I first saw it on Ravelry. You can find the pattern on Hollye Knits's blog.




Now, I need to wrap these up. I really hope daughter V loves them.

(I might have time to make myself a pair of those Bells mitts for myself !!)

No comments:

Post a Comment