Friday, October 14, 2011

Look at what I got!

I love hand painted furniture. Most pieces of furniture in our home is painted. Most of them by me. I buy the pieces at garage sales, or at second hand store. Kijiji is also another good place to find great pieces of furniture. Some pieces were given to us. I usually paint them with latex paint and sometimes will add a coat of varnish. But I've been eyeing this product for quite some time now...
Annie Sloan Chalk paint!
I have plans for these three colours. As you can see, I have Duck Egg, Old White and Paris Grey. I ordered the clear wax and the dark one as well.
Only one place in Ontario carries this paint!
I hope it lives up to it's reputation, I'll keep you posted.

On the spinning front, I have been busy (what can I say!).
This first yarn, was my own hand dyed. It's chained plied and I love this mix of blue and green.

Colorway: Grateful dyed.
Superwash wool top. (4 oz)
From Wild Hare fiber studio

The colours are crazy! But I think it will be fun to knit something small like hat or mitts for our grand daughter.
So that I could keep the colours separate, I chain plied it. I mostly succeded, only a few sections have the colours mixed.

Colorway: Sugar Maple.

Blue-Faced Leicester Wool Top. (4 oz)
From Wild Hare fiber studio


Again, a three ply. I love these colours. I'm thinking of a cowl or a scarf for myself. Very very soft!
 It's appears brighter that what it really is. The colours are more muted than the picture shows.

Here is a 75% Blue-Faced Leicester and 25% Tussah silk.
Colorway: Vervaine
From: All For Love of Yarn Studio

(photo comes from All For Love of Yarn Etsy Shop)

All spun up and ready to ply. I plan on making a 2 ply with it. That's why I have it on two bobbins. Maybe tomorrow.

And last but not least.
Colorway: Peacock
Superwash Wool (4 oz)
From: Wild Hare Etsy fiber studio

Just finished this morning, a very full bobbin (I was not quite done when I took this pic).
I will do another three ply with it so I can keep the colours separate. You can't see the purple and aqua. I won't be able to chain ply this onto one of my bobbins because it's going to be way too full...I have to see how to go about this.
As you can see, I have been ignoring all cobweb and dust bunnies in the house. Making meals has also become secondary. If only spinning would count as a cardio workout. I could spin and be shape up at the same time!

Rainy weekend ahead, so a bit of cocooning is going to happen here. Hope you enjoy yours too!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously...?
    I think you better get some housework done and soon.
    This...could....get.....competitive (going to get some spinning done NOW).
    Beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!!! Your yarn is GORGEOUS! It sounds like you had a great day spinning. I have never spun and never will. I would NEVER get anything done. It looks like it would be so addicting. Watching my 5 grandchildren, I can't imagine the chaos that would occur in my house. They would tie me up in the yarn and THEY would spin. The girls want to experience everything, which is fantastic, but I don't always want to be a teacher. So, enjoy your week of spinning.

    ReplyDelete