Thursday, January 21, 2010

Here we go...


I finally got around to dyeing some handpainted yarns today!

My experience with dyeing yarns has always been with one single shade at a time.
But this time I used four flavors that kindda gave me four different colours.

I used KoolAid powders in:
  • Tropical Punch
  • Grape
  • Cherry
  • Ice Blue

The Tropical Punch and Cherry are pretty close in colour but the Tropical Punch is a bit darker. In retrospect I should have seperated those two colours a bit more than I did when I handpainted the yarn.

Here you see the yarn drying after the whole dyeing process. I actually hung it over our cookstove by opening the door to the warming oven. Too impatient to let it dry slowly.


Turned out ok. But I was not quite so happy with it so I decided to overdye it with Tropical Punch KoolAid. I found it had too much blue.

I'll get a pic of the new yarn as soon as I can.

2 comments:

  1. Love your stove!!!
    And it still is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn,
    We bought our stove brand new from Elmira in Ontario. We love it.

    ReplyDelete