Friday, January 29, 2010

Just in

I am just so glad that it's Friday today. Allthough, it's quite cold, the sky is blue and the sun is shinning. I just love winter...my favorite time of the year.

But the best part of today is I just received a package with my online order from KnitPicks. It's the first time I order from them and I have to say the service was wonderful and the shipping fast enough.
Want to see what I ordered?
I decided to start with some yarn, Natural Bare Peruvian Wool Worsted yarn. Why bare? So that I can play around with more colours and dye again.

And to take it one step further, I also ordered a sock blank. This is a knittted piece that you dye then unknit to knit your socks. Since the blank is double knitted, you use one strand for one sock and the other for the second sock. That way both socks are identical in colour. This should definetly be fun.



This little gadget is a yarn cutter. You simply pull the yarn through one of the little dents on the medallion to cut your yarn. The great thing about this is there is no sharp edges in your knitting bag and the big bonus for me is that I can take it on the plane with me. I travel a fair bit and I like to carry my knitting with me. I had bought a similar yarn cutter at Michael's for $12 and this one was only $4.99. A good buy!!


I have dyed with Kool Aid and Easter Egg dyes but I wanted to try the Jacquard dyes. Now I will have a good selection of colours to give this a good try!



But where to start when you learn things by yourself??
I ordered these two books to guide me along! I have quickly leafed through them and they look wonderful!!!


The great thing is that both of these books were at 40% off. Even with the shipping, they were a whole lot cheaper than if I had bought them in a bookstore in Canada.


I also ordered one other thing but it was shipped seperately, so I will tell you about that later on.

Guess what I will be doing this weekend?
I'll be back with pictures to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment