Monday, June 6, 2011

First FO Monday

I have several finished projects that I have not added to my Ravelry's project page and that I have not added here. Yes, life is busy!
So I will commit to doing this by showing you a completed knitted item every Monday...for the next few weeks (we'll see how long I can keep this going!!).

I will start with a scarf that I've finally knitted from a kit from Misty Haven Alpacas. This was my first lace project and also first time knitting with lace yarn. I had to frog it several times. I kept getting mixed up and having either too many stitches or not enough at the end of a row. So I ended up putting it away for a while thinking I did not like lace knitting. But this beautiful yarn kept calling me and I got back on it this spring. What helped me tremendously was to use stitch markers every 10th stitch to help me keep up with the stitch pattern. Then I could immediately see if I was missing a stitch or if I had one too many.



Am I ever happy I finished this lovely scarf.

 The pattern was designed exclusively for Misty Haven Alpacas.

The yarn is 100% alpaca, 2 ply.

I would knit this pattern again and again.

The alpaca yarn is so soft and light. The colour is almost a chestnut brown, the reddish is not showing up much in the pictures.

As for dog news, Anouk had a very small litter on the weekend...only one large puppy. Mom and pup are doing very well.

I'm heading out to enjoy this sunshine! They are predicting more rain this week.

1 comment:

  1. Good job sticking to the scarf!!!

    Anouk looks happy to finally have that puppy.

    N

    ReplyDelete