Friday, December 16, 2011

Moving along

Christmas preparations are still going on.

This morning I got most of the gift wrapping done. I don't think I'll put them under the tree yet in case our grand daughter comes over and thinks Santa has come early!

After cleaning the basement floor, I took a few hours off to sit at my wheel and spin.
Tomorrow I will hopefully finish spinning this fiber and I'll let it rest 24 hours before I ply it. (Fingers crossed I will get it done by Sunday so I can cast on.)

I read several knitting blogs. A favorite of mine, is Knitted Bliss, written by a Northern girl from Sudbury now living in southern Ontario.  In today's post,  Julie invites those of us that want to join in The Versatile Blogger Award to do so.
The rules are:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
_____________
So here goes with sharing 7 things about myself.

1. I don't love chocolate. (What do you mean, I'm not human!) I'll avoid it or have a tiny bite and be happy with that.

2. I love potato chips, yup, could have those every day of the week!
3. When I was in university, I read the entire French dictionnary. I come from a small town where everyone spoke french but with a lot of slang. It was time to improve on my vocabulary. I have always loved the power of words. I am easily touched by well spoken words.

4. On the subject of being french speaking...I have a lot of trouble with correctly using English expressions. (You might have noticed while reading my blog that I write kinda funny sometimes...it's just the way it is in English for me but in French, I can talk a million miles an hour) I met my hubby at the age of 17 and spoke a very basic English. All of my friends and relatives were french speaking. I worked in a very french environment my whole life. So English is still a second language to me. I get the english expressions mixed up and hubby and I laugh a lot about it. For example, the other night I told him that someone was trying to pull the hood over his head. He laughed and said: Do you mean pull the wool over my eyes?

5. I would love to learn Spanish. I took courses in university but never kept up with it. I love the musicality of that language. I would also love to know what the words of those beautiful latin songs mean. Maybe something to look forward to in the near future.
6. I have been driving Honda CRVs for a long long time. Best vehicule on the market! I can put a few dogs in the back or pieces of furniture I find here and there. Will always own a CRV.

7. I'm a movie addict. I can watch four/five movies in a row, no problem. I set myself up with my knitting, a hot tea and a bowl of chips (ok, not a bowl but the whole bag...see # 2 above).  In this house, I watch movies with a bunch of dogs around me since hubby prefers sports).

Everyone is invited to participate is you are inclined to do so. Let me know if you decide to.

No comments:

Post a Comment