Sunday, September 9, 2012

Back home

The K-W Knitter's Fair was all that I hoped it would be and then some.
As usual, I arrived just before the doors opened and there was already a line-up even though it was raining.
We knitters are not going to let a little rain stop us from a knitter's fair!
As usual, all the vendors were so enticing, so inviting with many colourful yarns everywhere.
The only thing that could ruin the event would be a nagging small scale migraine that blew up to an exploding one by noon. But I did get a few hours of great fun looking and feeling everything in front of me.
I was very good this year and did not purchase any yarn...ya I know...why go to a knitter's fair if you're not going to get yarn. But I still have some yarn from the other years I went and I promised myself I would knit that before I brought anymore in the house.
But no worry, I did get a few things.
 
Books
 
Mohair roving...I did spin all the fiber that I've bought this past year.
And I do have a thing for Wellington's mohair roving.
I dream of making a throw with the mohair that I have spun so far. At first I thought I would use it for a shawl but I prefer the idea of cuddling up on the sofa with a nice mohair throw...I'll have to get to that one of these days.
Oh, I must add that I worked really hard to not to buy more blue and green,
which is what I grab first every time!
I changed my mind four times before I settled on this
wonderful peach and pink box full (250 g) of roving.


16'' circular needles to make hats with fat yarns.
And a shawl pin.
 
And I did find the beads I was looking for.
This means learning how to add beads to my knitting!
 
Now, to get to the purchase of the day!
I hesitated, I turned around in circle trying to talk myself out of it...but in the end a little voice said: ''Just get it over with, you know you want one, just go ahead and pay the nice lady over there''.
And so I did.
I'm still wondering if I did the right thing.
Will I use it once and put it away?
Will I even use it at all?
Will I enjoy it as much as my spinning wheel...I keep thinking it will be providing me with more reasons to spin. I can knit with the yarns I produce and now I'll be able to weave the yarns as well.
Ya, I did the right thing.
I think.
 
And a couple days with our son is always nice.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha....and a new addiction is born....Personally, I think you showed great restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! I like your style! You'll have to keep us posted on the new addiction! :-D

    ReplyDelete