Friday, February 22, 2013

Bits of this, bits of that

Today's post is about little bits of this and that.
I recently purchased the Island e-book. A collection of patterns designed by Jane Richmond.
The patterns are inspired by life on Vancouver Island.
 
I will probably make four of the five patterns included in this book.
 
Arbutus is the first pattern I started with.
It's a cowl with three tiers in the front.
They stack up onto each other making the cowl less cumbersome but still very warm. It gives the look of a wrapped cowl without all the fuss.
 
The yarn I used is yarn that I spun from Alicia's alpaca fibre. Dyed Poppy Red, it feels light and thick and just so soft.
 
 
I've also casted on the Strathcona scarf from the same book. More on that when I can take pictures in a good light. 
 
Remember my Blue Antler cardigan?  When I saw that the designer team of the Antler cardigan had a test knit going on for a new pattern, I voluntered right away.
Here is the beginning of Lush.
I have enough projects on the go and must not be tempted to cast on for anything else!!!
 
Lately, Mia, the cat  has decided to use a half wall as a perch. She can look out the front door from there and out the window as well...perfect observation point!
 
 
But she does sleep on her watch! Not much happening around here I guess.
 



 
Tomorrow, I'll be at the Callander Community Center with yarn and fibre in tow from 10-5.
Come and say hi if you are in the area!!

3 comments:

  1. Lush is gorgeous! I love the details around the shoulders. I also think that a red cowl is a very good idea. It's on my list for next winter for sure.
    Mia is one beautiful cat even when she looks like she would rather not be bothered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poppy red alpaca fiber has turned into a beautiful cowl! It looks gorgeous against the winter white! Mia looks very pretty up there on her observation point even though it somehow doesn't look all that comfortable....but then I'm not a cat either. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cowl.The poppy color is stunning.Why are you in Callander?.Is there something going on?.

    ReplyDelete